Notes: This activity should be conducted outside for easy clean-up.
- string or pipe cleaner
- pine cone or ice cream cone
- nut butter or solid vegetable oil (like margarine or Crisco)
- bird seed
- Tie a string or wrap a pipe cleaner around your pine cone so it will hang outside, or you can stand the ice cream cone upside down on a flat surface outside
- Smear your oil or nut butter all over your cone
- Sprinkle or roll the seeds on
- Compare different materials and locations to see what your local wildlife prefer
Submit Your Results
Submit your photo!